Calculate Myelin Water Fraction(MWF)
The basic module of Iron Quantification is extracting the high iron region from sub cortical structures, including Caudate Nucleus, globus pallidus, putman, thalamus, pulvinear thalamus, red nucleus, substantial nigra. User need to draw the structures first, a thresholding for the 7 structures will be ran, then output the result to a excel sheet. The patient's case number, age, manufacture's system type will be pulled from DICOM automatically for report generation.
Myelin Water Fraction(MWF) Input
- Case Name - Name assigned for patient
- Patient Age - Age
- Threshold Value - Specifies where the phase image from the phase contrast scan is located.
- Resolution - Physical size of one pixel. Along X,Y and Z directions.
- System Options - This is from manufacturer of MRI scanner where the image operates i.e.: GE is Right Hand System and Seimens is Left Hand System.
- Threshold Type Options - Mostly we use default as lower threshold value for right hand system.
- Data Range Options - Work under progress